Homemade cheesecake is undoubtedly delicious, but also super time-consuming and tricky to get perfect. That’s where this recipe comes in. This simple, no-bake cheesecake filling is only 5 ingredients that are probably already in your kitchen! Did we mention it only takes 5 minutes to bring together? This cheesecake filling is so creamy, rich, and addicting-- we won’t judge you if you decide to double this recipe in case you just *need* to eat an entire bowl all by itself.
This recipe creates a cheesecake filling base so you can mix it with anything you want for your favorite cheesecake flavors.
If you are looking for more churro-filling recipes and churro-making hacks, check out our online recipe book!
Here’s what you need:
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
3 Tablespoons salted butter, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to make:
- Mix: Beat the cream cheese and butter in a medium-sized bowl. Add in the powdered sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla. Cream until smooth.
- Add: Stir in your favorite toppings.
- Fill or Dip: Using a squeeze bottle or kitchen syringe, fill your hollow churros with the mixture. If you add mix-ins to your filling that aren’t the easiest to squeeze into your churros (like mini chocolate chips, nuts, or mini M&Ms) just add your filling to a bowl and dip your churros!
Pro Tip: If your filling is too thick or you’re having trouble filling your churros, add milk 1 tablespoon at a time and blend until the filling is at your preferred consistency.
Optional mix-ins and flavor combos: 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, mini m&m's, chopped Reese's, chopped nuts, caramel, chocolate sauce, strawberry jam, sprinkles, cherry pie filling, and shredded coconut. The sky’s the limit!
Recipe from: Jamielyn Nye
Cream Cheese Filling Base
This cheesecake-inspired churro filling provides the perfect base for you to customize your churros with your favorite flavors, mix-ins, toppings, and decorations.
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2-3 T. of milk (this would be your preference of how thick or thin you want the filling)
- OPTIONAL: Your favorite puree, jam, extract, mix-ins, and flavorings
- Mix all ingredients together until blended and smooth.
- Add any fun ingredients. Examples are below, but just get creative!
- About ½ packet of your choice of Jell-o powder, 6 Oreos, a ¼-½ cup of hot cocoa (top with whipped cream, of course), pumpkin puree, crushed up peppermint, cherry pie filling, chopped nuts, caramel sauce, or chocolate chips.
Recipe from Carli Lewis.
Our award-winning churro filling recipe: Lemon Curd
Homemade lemon curd is a thousand times more delicious than store-bought lemon curd, which tends to be full of additives and hard-to-pronoun...
How to Care for your Churro Maker
The San Diablo Churro Maker is an incredible kitchen tool that comes with nine different nozzles. The best part? It’s machine washable and infinite...